Back pain is one of the most common complaints that people experience.
Whether it’s due to poor posture, a sedentary lifestyle, or an injury, back pain can be debilitating and affect your daily life. However, relief doesn’t always require a trip to the doctor’s office or taking medication. In this blog, we’ll explore five unique ways to relieve back pain naturally, right in the comfort of your own home.
Stretch it out
One of the best ways to relieve back pain is through stretching. It helps to improve your flexibility and increase your range of motion, which can relieve tension and alleviate pain. Here are three stretches you can do at home to relieve back pain:
- Child’s pose: Kneel on the floor with your toes touching and knees slightly apart. Lean forward and stretch your arms out in front of you as far as you can. Hold this position for 30 seconds and then relax.
- Cat-cow stretch: Begin on your hands and knees. Slowly arch your back up towards the ceiling while exhaling, and then drop your back down while inhaling.
- Knee-to-chest stretch: Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Bring one knee up to your chest, hold it there for 30 seconds, and then switch legs.
Applying heat to your back can help to relax your muscles, increase circulation, and reduce pain. There are a few ways you can do this at home:
- Hot shower or bath: Take a hot shower or bath and let the water run on your back.
- Hot water bottle: Fill a hot water bottle with hot water and apply it to your back.
- Heating pad: Use a heating pad on low or medium heat to warm up your back muscles.
Acupressure is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that involves applying pressure to specific points on your body to relieve pain. Here are two acupressure points you can use to relieve back pain:
- B23: This point is located on the spine, at the level of the lower border of the back muscles. Apply pressure to this point with your thumb or a tennis ball for a few minutes.
- GB30: This point is located on the buttock, near the top of the hipbone. Apply pressure to this point with your thumb or a tennis ball for a few minutes.
Yoga is a gentle and effective way to stretch and strengthen your muscles. Here are three yoga poses that can help to relieve back pain:
- Downward-facing dog: Begin on your hands and knees, then lift your hips up and back into a V-shape.
- Cobra pose: Lie on your stomach with your hands by your shoulders. Lift your chest up off the ground while keeping your hips on the floor.
- Pigeon pose: Begin in a downward-facing dog pose, then bring one knee forward and place it behind your hand. Extend the opposite leg behind you and hold the pose for a few breaths.
Purelight Natural Healing Wrap
If you're looking for a more powerful and long-lasting solution for your back pain, the Purelight Natural Healing Wrap can help. With its advanced red light therapy technology, it promotes natural healing, reduces inflammation, and increases circulation to relieve pain and discomfort. Plus, it's easy to use and can be worn at home or on-the-go.